This is the 2nd in a series of responses by Stanford golf team members to recent questions.
Players were asked - "tell us something about you or your family that your teammates don't know."
1. Steven Kearney - "I love eating a huge bowl of ice cream right before going to sleep."
2. Shane Lebow - "I played the violin for 10 years, finally my parents let me quit at 16 and I started playing the drums."
3. Steve Ziegler - "On the day of the summer solstice in 2001, my Dad, brother and I took a road trip to Northern Wyoming with the intention of breaking the Ziegler family record for greatest number of holes played in one day. The number to beat was 72. And so, well-equipped with large Ziplocs full of less than average quality golf balls (you lose many when 15 seconds is the maximum time allowed for a ball search) we set out for a very long day. I have plenty of sweet memories from that day, where after playing from sun up until sun down we completed 77 holes. Records are good, very good.
Also, I have never paid for a hair-cut."
4. Graham Brockington - "I have been playing the guitar since the beginning of high school and my little brother, Mike, plays the drums. We jam together when we go back home, which is a lot of fun. Most of the time we end up playing ACDC or Red Hot Chili Peppers. I also have an older brother, Tyler. If you were to ask him what instrument he plays, he’d say, “I play the stereo.”
5. Andrew Yun - "There is not much about me that my teammates do not already know, so I guess one thing that they don't know yet is that I will be going to India for a mission trip this upcoming summer."
6. Cameron Andrew Wilson - "My third cousin is the lead singer for Vampire Weekend. I don't really know him, think we've met at a few weddings/funerals."
7. Andre De Decker - "
I'm half-Belgian, from my dad's side of the family. I could theoretically play in the Ryder Cup!"
8. Sihwan Kim - "My first golf coach told me to quit."
9. Wilson David Bowen - "I have a black lab named Lily."
10. David Chung - "My dad is a black belt in karate."