Thursday, April 8, 2010

Top frosh Andrew Yun writes about his 1st year at Stanford


When I first came to campus, I did not know what to expect. Being all by myself without the help of family for the first time really opens up your eyes and makes you take responsibility for your own actions. Doing the laundry is a real pain and I can honestly say that I have the greatest respect for all the mothers and others that do it on a daily basis. As for the golf team, I was trying to prepare myself for the duties that a freshman is entitled to have: sitting in the back of the van and having your head almost the roof of the car each time the car hits a little bump, unloading and loading all the bags, and some other personal favors from each of the upperclassmen.

But those are not the only expectations that I had when I came to Stanford. I knew that when I arrived, I would be joined by nine of my fellow teammates that are willing to dedicate their time and effort so that we can make this year a memorable one, both on and off the golf course. Day in and day out, we have been working hard towards one common goal: to win the NCAA Championship. Although we have had a strong run – winning the Cordevalle and Hawaii – our last three tournaments have been lackluster at best. With our home tournament coming up this next week, we have a chance to right the ship and gain some momentum heading into the postseason.

Finally, I would like to thank my family, the coaches, my teammates, donors, boosters, and everybody else that have been an integral part of Stanford golf for making this possible. Although it has been fun up to this point, I know the best is yet to come.

Go Stanford!

Andrew Yun (’13)

No comments:

Post a Comment