Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sihwan Kim writes about the team's strong fall season

Photo of Sihwan at Isleworth CC courtesy of Stanford photo.

Editor's Note: Stanford's All-American junior Sihwan Kim writes about the fall season. Sihwan has had an excellent fall season as he has finished 2nd, tied for 8th, tied for 28th and tied for 2nd in his 4 tournaments. He leads the team with a 71.2 scoring average. Sihwan was also just named the Pac-10 player of the month for November.

After a long summer, I was excited to play college golf once again because I knew that our team was as strong as ever. I knew that if we just play decent golf, we can win every single golf tournaments and ultimately NCAA.

We started this year with some good practice and memories. We got to play 5 great courses including Pine Valley and Shinnecock Hills. I’ve never played so many good courses in such a short period of time.

Then, we headed off to Chicago for our season opener. This fall season was the best fall season out of three years I’ve been here and I hope that it will get better. We finished 4th, 2nd, 3rd, and first place at Olympia Fields, PGA West, Isleworth, and CordeValle respectively. It felt really good to finish the fall season with the win.

And as for the spring, I hope Joe comes back and helps us out to win the NCAA.
Sihwan Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment