Monday, November 26, 2007

Captain Rob Grube on the start of his senior season




Although this fall season was my fourth, it presented a number of new challenges for me. Unlike past years where the predominance of players was upperclassman, this year's team is very bottom heavy. As captain, bringing along our four new freshmen has been a welcome challenge. They have acquitted themselves very well. I have learned a lot about leadership and mentoring.
Last year it seemed we embodied John Wooden's definition of competitive excellence "Delivering your best, when your best is needed most." At every tournament somebody came up with a big round when we needed it most. We were very seasoned and experienced. At times this year we have played like a young team. We did not know how to play as a team. However, our team matured dramatically over the fall season. Look for our immense reservoir of talent to translate into results in the spring.
Individually, I have struggled with my putting. I have made great improvements in both my ball striking and short game. My putting has prevented me from reaping the rewards of an improved long and short game. I will be working very hard during this off-season to rectify this problem. Once I get my putting going, I will see the results for which we are all looking.

Rob Grube, Senior

No comments:

Post a Comment